12 DIY Homemade Facemasks You Can Make in UNDER 1 minute
As a newbie beauty blog with a major proportion of college readers, we are committed to discover and share budget beauty hacks for everyone. Today we are going to share with you 12 DIY beauty masks you can try at home for smooth glowing skin in less than 1 minute. Just like your body, your skin needs a detox from time to time to get rid of impurities from cosmetics & sulfates often found in your soaps, shampoos and face wash. Before applying any of these masks to your skin, ensure you test a patch on your hand to see if you are allergic to anything.
Below are few easy to make DIY facial masks your skin will thank you for:
1. Honey+ Lemon+ Rose Water: Honey is rich in antioxidants which help in fighting acne, wrinkles and ageing. One of the most beautiful women in history: Cleopatra used to bath with honey and milk for its numerous beauty benefits including anti-bacterial properties. To use this beauty mask, simply mix 1 tbsp of honey with few drops of lemon juice and rose water. The rose water will nullify the acidic effect of lemon juice, which helps in preventing burns and inflammation. Use this mixture for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
2.Yoghurt+ Gram Flour+ Lemon+ Rose Water: This facemask/Body scrub is popular with every Indian household and grandmas.
Simply mix 3 tbsp of gram flour with 1 tbsp of yoghurt, 1 tsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp of rose water ( add some whole milk if your skin is not prone to acne). Apply this to your face and body for 20 minutes and wait for it to dry. Once it dries, gently scrub for 5-10 minutes. This scrub will remove all the dirt and tan from your face and body.
This facemask is suitable for all skin types. It should be used once or twice a week for visibly clean skin.
Pro tip: For a glowing effect, add pinch sandalwood and turmeric to the facemask
3. Cocoa Powder + Papaya+ Aloe Vera: If dull skin is your biggest beauty pet peeve then this facemask is for you. Cocoa powder is one of the most talked-about beauty ingredients even with The Royals’ (Ahem Kate Middleton) skincare routine.
For a glow-from-within look, mix 1 tbsp of cocoa powder with ¼ mashed papaya and 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel. Apply the mixture and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water and moisturize. The vitamins of Aloe Vera combined with exfoliating enzymes of papaya will leave your skin satiny good and glowing.
4. Avocado + Milk+ Honey: Avocados are great for people with dry skin. It is rich in healthy fats, naturally moisturizes your dry skin and minimizes the effect of sunburn or UV lights. It also has an anti-inflammatory effect to reduce acne.
To make this facemask, mash ½ avocados with 1 tbsp of milk and honey. Apply it to your face for 10-15 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
5. Banana+ Yogurt+ Soda: Bananas have excellent anti-inflammatory properties which reduce skin redness and acne burns. To prepare this mask, grind the banana then add 1 tbsp of baking soda and 1 tsp of yoghurt. Apply the concoction on your face for 15-20 minutes and then rinse. This facemask is especially for people with skin inflammation.
6. Cosmetic Clay +Yogurt +Honey: Yogurt is great for getting rid of large pores and lightening pigment spots.
To use this mask, simply 2 tbsp of yoghurt, 1 tsp of cosmetic clay and ½ tsp of honey and apply the mask on your face. Rinse with cool water after 15-20 minutes. This DIY facemask is good for people with large pores.
7. Avocado+ Vitamin E: This facemask is great for dry skin as avocados are super moisturizers. To make this mask, mash ½ avocados with Vitamin E Oil or capsule. Apply and rinse it off after 20 minutes with warm water for nourished hydrated skin. This especially great to use during winter.
8. Oats + Coconut Oil+ Water: This facemask is great for acne. To make this facemask, use 3 tbsp of oats with ¼ cup of warm water and 1 tsp of virgin coconut oil and mix until all the ingredients form a paste. Apply the concoction and leave it for 15 minutes. Gently massage your face in an upward direction for 1-2, once it starts drying and finally rinse with warm water. Oats help in soothing your inflamed skin by restoring the PH balance of your skin while coconut oil is a great natural moisturizer.
9. Coffee Beans + Coconut Oil: Coffee and coconut oil are the two best things for your skin. In 2019, Coffee is more than your average beverage, for its rich in anti-oxidants properties and magical skin tightening effects. From past 10 years, coconut has been a major component in moisturizers, body lotions, scrubs, face masks and even some makeup removers for its naturally hydrating, anti-bacterial and moisturizing properties. This moisturizing DIY facemask will leave you clear, lustrous and soft skin. To make this facemask, mix ½ tbsp of coconut oil with ½ tbsp of finely ground coffee until it forms a fine concoction. Apply it to your face for 15-20 minutes and rinse with warm water. Your Beautiful, #nomakeuplook skin is ready to flaunt.
10. Green Tea +Aloe Vera: Green tea can tremendously benefit your skin both when used in a drink and applied to your face. Besides being rich in antioxidants, it reduces skin ageing and inflammation, which is why it is a popular beauty ingredient in Asian beauty culture.
This facemask is a moisturizing formula for most skin types; however, we would advise testing a patch on your hand. To make this mask, pop a green tea bag and mix with 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel. Apply this DIY green tea glow facemask for 10-15 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
11. Papaya+ Honey: Papaya is rich in Vitamin A & C and reduces premature ageing. This hydrating DIY facemask will give a supple, baby-soft skin which otherwise would have cost you hundreds of dollars at a salon. To make this facemask, all you need is ½ cup of ripe papaya with 2 tbsp of honey. Blend the ingredients and apply it to your face for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water and moisturize. It facemask will also reduce sunspots and discolouration on your skin. For best results, use 1-2 times a week.
12. Cucumber+ Honey+ Sandalwood+ Rose Water: Cucumber is a cocktail for your skin especially during summers for its cooling properties. Sandalwood is age-old Indian secret for glowing skin and combined with rose water and honey, it was given a moisturizing effect to your skin. So this DIY facemask is a winner for all skin types.
To make this facemask, blend one fresh cucumber with 1 tbsp of honey, few drops of rose water and 2 tbsp of pure sandalwood powder. Thoroughly apply it all over your face all let your skin soak all the gold from this power pack facemask. Leave in for 15-20 minutes and rinse.
Your skin deserves more pampering than it gets especially for putting up with harsh cosmetics we use every day, the sun, junk food and stressful lifestyle. These DIY facemasks might be a little work but the results are worth the effort. Using these homemade facemasks every week will not only lead to softer, smoother skin with improved complexion but reduced acne, sun damage, blackheads and discolouration.
We would love to hear your go-to DIY facemask recipe below.